Guest Post by Ayesha Allesee (nee Saied)
My German grandmother (Oma) used to make these waffles and passed down the cookbook with this recipe to my mother. These waffles are soft and sweet, requiring NO SYRUP to enjoy them.
- 100 g butter (room temperature)
- 3 eggs (room temperature)
- 150 g sugar
- some vanilla extract
- a touch of lemon zest
- 0.5 liters milk (room temperature)
- pinch of salt
- 250 g flour
- butter or oil for the waffle iron
- Mix butter, eggs, sugar, vanilla, and lemon zest in a large bowl. Add the milk and a pinch of salt. Add in the flour.
- Heat the waffle iron and oil it.
- Make the waffles on the waffle iron.
- The modern electric waffle iron allows the housewife to bake the waffles in front of her guests at the table.