The effort-to-reward ratio of this salad is remarkable. Got the recipe from a friend, Andy, and it’s bloody brilliant! Just buy all the ingredients and make it! No substitutions.
- Quinoa, make about a 2 cups
- Red Cabbage, a handful, thinly sliced
- Red onion, 1/2, diced
- Red pepper, 1, diced
- Carrots, 2 or 3, thin strips
- Spring onions, 2 or 3
- Coriander, a handful
- Nuts: anything works, but honey roasted cashews is nice!
- Peanut butter, 1/4 cup
- Ginger, an inch finely chopped
- Soy sauce, 3 tbsp
- Honey, 1 tbsp
- Red wine vinegar, 1 tbsp
- Sesame oil, 1 tbsp
- Olive oil, 1 tbsp
Prepare the quinoa and set aside in a bowl. Meanwhile, Chop all the veg as shown above. Then, prepare the dressing by adding all the dressing ingredients together and giving a good mix up. What could be simpler?
Now toss the salad and garnish with coriander and nuts.